LEAD PIPE REPLACEMENT BRIGHTON
Lead pipes are still an essential part of most properties in the UK. They were installed before many people realised the dangers of lead as a pipe. In many cases, the lead piping will have suffered all kinds of wear and tear over the years. This can not only lead to reduced efficiency but can also cause a wide range of health hazards. Here at DDS, we can provide lead pipe replacement to all kinds of properties in Brighton.
The Detection Drain Services team can deliver a complete range of solutions to all kinds of properties in Brighton. We can replace all manner of lead pipes in your home or business to ensure that you have access to safe, non-contaminated water. Lead pipes are just as vulnerable to the issues other pipes suffer from, including fractures, cracks and loose connections. As such, they will often require replacement even if they aren’t creating unsafe, contaminated water in your property.
WHY ARE DAMAGED LEAD PIPES DANGEROUS?
Lead piping is dangerous in all kinds of properties, including both homes and businesses. Whether your system has become damaged, or simply suffers due to wear and tear, get in touch with our team today. Lead pipes can cause the same hazards to your property as any other form of damaged pipe. Pipes created from lead are naturally weaker than a wide range of other pipe materials. As such, they are more vulnerable to damages of all kinds, in addition to standard wear and tear.
However, these issues can be extremely serious when the pipe itself causes lead to escape into the water. They can cause actual health hazards to anyone who drinks the water which passes through these pipes.
SERIOUS ISSUES CAUSED BY LEAD PIPES IN NEED OF REPLACEMENT
Some of the serious issues that lead pipes can cause include:
Contaminated Water – If you consumer a great deal of lead through drinking water or other means, you could contract lead poisoning. Lead can stay in your body for years at a time. As such, it isn’t usually acquired due to one large dosage of lead. Instead, small or trace amounts of lead in the water can easily build up in your system.
Lead poisoning can be especially harmful to the young and the elderly. Children in particular will absorb more lead from contaminated water than adults as they continue to grow. There are many symptoms of lead poisoning which can affect both children and adults. These can include:
- Loss of Appetite and Weight Loss.
- Vomiting and Abdominal Pains.
- Constipation and Diarrhoea.
- Irritability and Fatigue.
- High Blood Pressure.
- Headaches and Memory Loss.
- Joint and Muscle Pains.
- Premature Birth or Miscarriage in Pregnant Women.
- Flooding and Standing Water – Lead pipes are weaker than modern designs. As such, they are more vulnerable to a full range of issues, including cracks, fractures and more. When these pipes do break, they can easily cause your property to flood. If they break underground, the water can leak out into the surrounding soil. This can cause your earth to become waterlogged and create standing water.
- Property Damage – When these pipes break, they can cause all kinds of property damage. These can include the growth of mould and damp in vulnerable areas across your home or business. It is possible for burst pipes to have an impact on your foundations’ integrity. As such, lead pipes in need of replacement can cause long-term foundation damage, which can be extremely costly to repair.
A COMPREHENSIVE RANGE OF LEAD PIPE REPLACEMENT SERVICES IN BRIGHTON
Here at Detection Drain Services, we can provide a complete range of lead pipe replacement services to all kinds of properties. We can replace all kinds of lead pipes with modern, safe alternatives. The pipes that we install are safe to use, resistant to damage and will deliver many years of reliable service.
Our pipes can provide a higher quality water and ensure that it flows smoothly throughout your system. Our pipes can deliver (and withstand) increased water pressure and work to prevent blockages from occurring in vulnerable areas.
Some of the essential lead pipe replacement services that we can provide include:
- Complete Lead Pipe Replacement.
- Lead Water Pipe Replacement.
- Lead Pipe Leakage Repairs.
- Advice on the Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme.
- Cost-Effective Alternatives to Lead Pipes.
Our drainage specialists will work with you to identify any issues with your lead pipes. Whether they are starting to cause issues in your property, or if you want to replace them before they become a problem, get in touch with our team today.
CHOOSE DRAIN DETECTION SERVICES FOR LEAD PIPE REPLACEMENT
Here at DDS, we can deliver a complete range of lead pipe replacement services to suit your property’s needs. We can replace all kinds of lead pipes in domestic, commercials and industrial systems.
For more information, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our experienced team today. You can reach our drainage specialists by calling us directly on 0800 328 3566. If you prefer, you can also email us at email@example.com, or use our simple online contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Contact Us Tel: 01342 821007
Tel: 0800 193 1383
Detection Drain Services Ltd
18 Hillside Close
VAT Number: 941-2486-26
Company Number: 06734311
Registered In England and Wales